Tuesday 25 June 2019

brown butcher paper keep smoking meat insulated and moist

We purchased the butcher paper after having watched smoke pit masters claim it was better than foil. We love the difference it makes to smoked meats. The roll is thick and was a good price for the quantity we received. We received our paper quick. I would recommend this product and this seller. My son ordered this product.He is a meat cutter for a large supermarket chain. He used this recently when he smoked a brisket. It was so moist and delicious. He said this paper allowed the smoke flavor in while keeping the juices in the meat. It was delicious. My husband wanted to try this instead of doing the foil wrap he is still undecided on what method he prefers.


I smoke a lot of meats, and have always used aluminum foil to wrap meat (a.k.a., Texas crutch) for part of the cook. I decided to try butcher paper on ribs. It worked great. This butcher paper wrapped easily and stayed on. It does not crimp like foil wrap, but it hugged the ribs sufficiently. I was concerned that the juices would flow out of the paper and make a huge mess. No. The brown butcher paper actually absorbed some of the juices and BBQ sauce and clung to the meat, keeping it insulated and moist. Even though the paper became wet and greasy, nothing leaked through the paper and into my smoker. The ribs were some of the most juicy ribs I've done. Highly recommended for BBQ smoking.

brown butcher paper
brown butcher paper


I used the brown butcher paper to wrap a beef brisket when it was about half way through smoking. It was a small brisket without a lot of fat on it, so we were afraid it might not be a fair test since there was a good possibility it would turn out dry. But the paper seemed to hold the moisture in a lot better than if we hadn't used the paper. The result was delicious. This is how we will be smoking briskets from now on. Used it in the smoker for a roast and it was the juiciest roast I’ve ever eaten! Now we use it for everything we smoke.


I love the size of the roll. It keeps my meat products fresh and when I look in my freezer and see all the pink packages, it makes me happy, happy, happy! This paper really works! Smoked brisket, pork but, and tri-tip. Better than foil to work with, plus, makes me feel like a real butcher. It worked just like I hoped after watching cooking shows for years I finally wrapped and finished some beef ribs wrapped in the butcher paper they were great.

No comments:

Post a Comment