Wednesday 26 June 2019

How to use Butcher Paper for Smoking Briskets

I received the butcher paper promptly as promised and used it on a 12# packers brisket last weekend in place of wrapping it in foil at the stall. The brisket was phenomenal, the bark was not soggy nor was it hard as a rock thanks to the pink butcher paper. Quality product and storage container. I used last weekend for my Rec Tec pellet smoker grill on a 15 lb. USDA Prime Brisket. The brisket was smoked at 225 for 13.5 hours at which time I wrapped it in the YRYM HT butcher paper and continued to cook for another 6.5 hours. Replacing aluminum foil with your product resulted in a perfectly cooked brisket with an exceptional crusty bark that had an amazing smoky flavor. From a customer service standpoint, the owner of YRYM HT contacted me today to see if I was satisfied with my purchase. Outstanding passion for their product and business!


My husband was looking for a particular type of butcher paper to use for slow-cooking meat in his Traeger. We looked and found precisely what we were needing. It works! We ordered one day and received it 2 days later.  I use this paper when I’m smoking meat low and slow. Once the meats get to 160 degrees (f), I mop or spray it with apple juice then double wrap in peach paper and put it back in the oven at 225 degrees until the internal temp of the meat is 200 degrees. It’s called a Texas Crutch and this method works well. I use this Butcher Paper for Smoking Briskets. It is durable and does a good job of holding in the Juices. It is the best I have used.


I've heard of brown butcher paper for years talking with a lot of the local experts of self proclaimed masters of the smoke pit. I finally got the notion to try it for myself. I was floored by the improvements this made to my BBQ. If you're trying out smoking meat you must add this to your arsenal. Great product! I bought pink butcher paper to use in smoking meats. I also hoped it would be good for making full size drawings of furniture parts and also for protecting my bench when I glue up woodworking projects. It is goof for all three uses! This paper is great and really helps keep the meat moist while maintaining the bark. Also, it's the perfect size, made in 'Murrica, and shipped in a hard tube which also doubles as storage. The company is very responsive as well and I'm happy to support small family businesses that care about their customers.


I smoke a lot of brisket and was very pleased with how this batch turned out. I’ve always used foil the last couple of hours but no more ! The peach butcher paper is the way to go ! I finally had the opportunity to open up my peach paper and try it out! I had smoked a brisket flat, cured as pastrami, and when it hit 150ยบ it was time to wrap. The paper is very good quality. Tough enough to withstand the task at hand, but not so thick that it couldn't be folded around the meat. If I have a complaint it would be that the storage tube could be a 1/4" wider to make it easier to reinsert the roll of paper. Obviously, as I use more of the paper, this will become less of an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment