Monday 24 June 2019

butcher paper is a MUST HAVE for the serious backyard pitmaster


I have heard that the butcher paper is the ideal paper to wrap meat in! I want to use the paper to serve our meat on as well with plastic trays! I ordered butcher paper to wrap smoking brisket. Was shipped out fast, as most Amazon purchases are. Came to me very well packaged. Used this to wrap a pork butt after it stalled at 160 internal temp. The paper was really sturdy and the end result of the wrapping and cooking was great. I usually use foil to wrap but I wanted to try this paper and it worked really well. Presentation of your food is important and when you serve on butcher paper you get a BIG wow factor! The butcher paper is a MUST HAVE for the serious backyard pitmaster!


 This is my first time using butcher paper for my cooking needs and so far so good! Very solid product that held up after hours under 250 degree heat. Next time around I will get the larger size for my cooking needs. I just smoked 45 pounds of brisket with this butcher paper and let me tell ya, it definitely makes the meat way more juicier and tender! I feel like butcher paper is way better than foil because it seems to be able to hold the moisture in while letting it breath, as for tin foil; it seems to make the meat like almost pot roast. (doesn't allow it to breath at all). I will continue to by this product and have told several friends about it. Works great on finishing briskets and even turkey breasts.


We used the brown butcher paper to wrap our brisket half way through the smoking process, and it was great! The value for this amount of butcher paper is unbeatable anywhere else. We are set for awhile, but definitely recommend for all your smoking needs. I can't count how many briskets I have made. I typically use foil to wrap and finish the cook but I figured I would try the butcher paper. I can't believe the difference in the meat! It is much more tender and juicy than when I used foil. Definitely will continue to use this!


My son was thrilled to have his own paper and the the many other cooking items that I included in his gift. He prefers using the paper because it can preserve more juiciness and the paper makes for a quicker clean-up. Great food grade paper, ideal for smoking. I've used foil in the past but it starts to steam the meat a little bit and you end up with pot roast-esq short ribs. When the meat hits the stall when smoking you can wait it out, several hours for short ribs and brisket or you can go with the texas crutch. Wrap that meat, speed up the time and save the bark, unlike foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment