Wednesday 7 August 2019

butcher wrapping paper works much better than foil for smoking

The day the butcher wrapping paper arrived I smoked a cowboy ribeye steak, wrapped it for the last 20 minutes, steak was delicious and moist. Outstanding product and company. Get YRYM brown butcher paper. It allows you to braise in the smoker, It's amazing the juices paper can hold against the meat rather than dripping into the pan. Good product but too narrow for packer briskets. Held up well during the last 5 hours of a 12-hour smoke. Wrapped a bit too early so not as much bark formation as I would have liked. That’s not the paper’s fault at all. It works much better than foil. The juices stay in and the food cooks well. Glad I got it, made a big difference on my brisket compared to foil. Used this to wrap pork butts for pulled pork in our smoker. Worked great helped them cook faster but kept juices in. Very pleased have ordered a couple times. Just wish it was a little less expensive.


I'm new to the smoking game and over the 6 months, I've smoked pork butts for pulled pork and lately chuck roasts (practicing for brisket). Everything I read about talked about using foil as a wrap to bring up to your final tem and break the meat apart. A more experienced friend suggested butcher wrapping paper and what a difference!!! Definitely a better bark when finished. This worked perfectly for our smoked brisket. Exactly what was expected.Made my first brisket on my pellet grill using Pink Butcher paper to wrap at 165 degrees. It turned out amazing.. Had to smoke a 16 lbs brisket and finish the smoke by rolling the brisket in the butcher paper for the final 10 hrs of smoke. LOVE IT Works awesome for wrapping briskets..


Perfect for bbq. Used brown butcher paper to wrap up ribs and it worked great! Used this to wrap pork butts for pulled pork in our smoker. Worked great helped them cook faster but kept juices in. Very pleased have ordered a couple times. Just wish it was a little less expensive. Paper works great, loved the price I paid also. For the first time using this product i was very pleased. I had never wrapped my brisket or ribs with butcher paper, and it will only be the way i make brisket. quality of the product i was very happy with it. will order again.


This brown butcher paper worked great for my Teaxs-style brisket! I use it to wrap the brisket in the final stage of cooking, and I also use it to line my serving platters as well. Loved that I could take advantage of Prime shipping too! Will definitely buy my next roll from Anders General Store!  I have already shared this item with my Traeger friends who have already bought it as well. Allows a great bark to be cooked onto pork or other items. A must have for any one that likes to grill, smoke, roast, or cook outdoors. I've only used the paper once, but I think it has the ability to get over the crutch, while adding additional ingredients and moisture, yet still maintains more of a bark (and that little bit of chew I like in spare ribs). Product works as it should. I use it when smoking brisket and pork shoulders. Good pricing and fast shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment