Monday 19 August 2019

YRYM HT grill cooking mat makes no burn and flare ups


Like the brand title says -"BEST BBQ GRILL COOKING MAT"! I was genuinely IMPRESSED w/the performance of these grill mats and had never used them before! The chicken came out moist, near perfectly cooked and for those of you wondering if you have grill marks on your barbecue meats the answer is 'YES'! I put the grill mat in when I fired up the grill. Came in, made the barbecue sauce, cleaned the chicken breasts-then took them out to the grill; do NOT put barbecue sauce on the chicken breasts/thighs/wings/steaks/burgers, etc.-a little room temp butter rubbed on the surface of the meat side DOWN is ok-after placing the chicken breasts-breast side down/bone side up and w/ the hickory starting to smoke- I placed them on the grill cooking mat and rechecked them in 30 minutes at 400 degrees and the grill marks were on the breast skins! I slathered on some sauce to the bone side, flipped them, slathered some sauce on the breast skins and closed the lid again for another 35 minutes +/- (as I use a meat thermometer and as long as it reads 160 degrees '+' that is fine for me on chicken) and they were done to perfection. No burned skin from grease fires. The sweet potato wrapped in foil on the top rack was done as well. Slathered some more sauce on the chicken and placed them on the serving plate w/the sweet potato and brought them inside.


I was curious where I had just shut down the grill if I could remove the grill cooking mat barehanded or with a tong to give it a quick rinse as per the instructions. I was able to grab the mat w/my bare hand/fingers and take inside, put under the running water, quick sponge wash, mat was clean and dried in the rack. The chicken was moist, the skin just right, the sweet potato delicious w/ butter on each half and a little seasonings. Best darn chicken breasts I have EVER barbecued. I am very happy I ordered 2 packs so I have 4 mats in case of company-6 people- but 2 barbecue grill mats easily would protect your barbecued meats for 4 people. Just a suggestion, keep the burner under the hickory/mesquite at medium or so, the next burner on high at all times, the next burner on high, the next on low as the mat is above and the last burner is off. What a near shocking surprise to have something so ingenious to make barbecuing a TRUE JOY now! You do not have to stand around and watch/check your barbecue; just leave it alone for 30 minutes at a clip or so, enjoy your friends, family and liquid refreshments!


Used my barbecue grill mats on Memorial Day and they work great. I've have used these on our gas grill, but have not tried on the charcoal grill. They seem to work as described. I love the easy cleanup, and the grill grates are kept clean. I also like that they can be used up to 600 degrees. This YRYM HT grill cooking mat is awesome! We grilled veggies and chicken on a charcoal grill following the instructions keeping the mat 7" from the fire . Everything was cooked perfect, no burnt veggies and no flame up from juices. I let my neighbor use it Memorial Day, now he is ordering one.


My husband loves barbecue grill mats! We cook just about anything on them and clean up is so easy! I just don't know why we didn't think of them earlier! My parents ordered these. Then made me order them, too :) i haven't had much time grilling (works great for burgers, dogs, corn, veggies), but my parents grill usage increased substantially after putting these mats in. This is by far the greatest barbecue accessory. We love to cook veggies and this avoids them falling through the grill bars. It is also helpful in stopping hamburgers from falling apart. Great priceand excellent product! just arrived today. anxious to give it a try tonight! Pork chops on the barB! Excellent grill mat, much better than the thinner ones that are "As Seen on TV". My son took one of mine after seeing the results on my grill. I ordered two more, a spare for the house and one for the RV.

No comments:

Post a Comment