Monday 5 August 2019

YRYM HT non stick grill mat makes no fire flair-up

I bought YRYM HTnon stick grill mat specifically for barbecuing salmon. I have tried all sorts of methods for cooking salmon but invariably the results were poor because the salmon stuck to the grill no matter what. I had difficulty controlling the charring on the underside of the fish, even when I put the salmon on a separate grill on top of the regular grill. Then I bought the YRYM HT non stick Grill Mat. What a breakthrough! Grilled lamb shoulder chops last night on my Weber gas grill... and was extremely happy with how well they turned out, especially with NO fire flair-up as all the grease was kept from dripping into the fire.


I heated the grill (Weber Genesis) on medium heat. When the temperature gauge showed 450 I put the YRYM HT non stick grill mat on the barbecue and let it heat up for a couple of minutes. Then I added the salmon (individual portions) that had been given a thin coating of olive oil, sprinkled Chef Paul Prudhomme's Magic Salmon Seasoning - 7 oz over it. Just before bringing to the barbecue I sprinkled a little bit of brown sugar on the top. I closed the top of the barbecue and let it cook for 12 minutes. The results were perfect. The salmon was tender, moist, and had some light grill lines on the underside. The salmon came off the mat without any sticking at all. Note: If you are going to cook the salmon steaks without cutting beforehand, increase the cooking time to about 14 minutes at 450 or so.


I purchased other brands of barbecue grill mats with the same order as the YRYM HT, just to compare. The YRYM HT is much thicker and easier to deal with. It washes up very easily and you can even put it in the dishwasher. It works nicely on barbecued vegetables - I cooked whole asparagus, bell peppers and portobello mushrooms. This product performs according to the advertising. See the attached photos for the final results of barbecuing Salmon.


 No problem with shipment got here when they said it would,used the non stick grill mat one time so far I am pleased. The grill may works fine. Only complaint is the ad showed a logo that said YRYM HT. There is no logo on the mat and there are others that are the same for less money. I like to support all things Hawaiian. Not being very good at cooking, these mats definitely make things easier for me. Too often I end up leaving part of my food on the grate, with these mats, that doesn't happen. Also nice to cook small things that I otherwise would have cooked in the microwave or stove. Cleanup is also easy. Let them cool a little, bring them in and run them under hot water and wipe with paper towel then store in my oven which never gets used.

No comments:

Post a Comment